Iron fences are beautiful and can make a bold statement. They’re also durable, pest-resistant, and able to stand up to fierce weather. If you’re considering an iron fence, though, you might have concerns about whether it will be a good security fence.
In short, yes. Iron fences may, in fact, be the best security fence you can buy. Let’s look at some of the benefits they offer.
- They’re strong. Iron fences are made of iron and steel, so breaking through them is very difficult. In fact, anyone wanting to get through an iron fence would need to bring heavy-duty tools, especially if it’s a higher-end fence.
- They’re hard to climb. With open construction and rails spaced fairly far apart, iron fences make it difficult for someone to gain enough traction to climb them. If the fence has finial tips, those will further discourage climbing.
- They are well-constructed. Iron fences are welded into one solid piece, which means that even if someone could figure out how to get through your fence, the fence would make a lot of noise and prevent them from entering quietly.
- They make it easy to see. It’s helpful when you’re securing a property, to be able to see clearly and know what’s going on. Iron fences have an open design that offers clear visibility so that no one trying to gain entrance onto your property can hide behind the fence. With clear sightlines, iron fences make it easy for you to see an intruder from inside, and for people on the street to see the intruder even if he or she should manage to get onto the wrong side of the fence.
- They’re aesthetically pleasing as well as protective. Iron fences actually increase the curb appeal of a house, giving it a more upscale look. An ugly fence can be an eyesore, and even an attractive fence can lose its luster over time without the right maintenance. Iron doesn’t require much maintenance and will continue to have a sophisticated look for many years.
If you need to protect your property, it may be time to install an iron fence. When you’re ready to have it installed, you can trust A-1 Fence to get the job done right and stand behind our work. We’re a locally owned and operated company with more than 40 years of experience, committed to providing fast and efficient work with a personalized feel. We’re fully licensed, bonded, and insured, and are proud of our reputation for quality work. For more information or a free estimate, contact us through our website or call 408-824-1693.
There are many ways you can spruce up your property and enjoy a new look, and fencing in San Jose can be a substantial help. Once you have decided that you want fences or gates on your property, you will then have to narrow down your options regarding fence designs. Driveway gates can help to make your home a safer place while giving the neighborhood something nice to look at. Read on to find out what type of driveway gate is right for you.
Once you have decided that you want a driveway gate for your property, the next step is to look at your options. It helps to think about why you want a driveway gate in the first place. If security ranks at the top of the list, a slide gate may be your best bet. This type of gate often makes use of a magnetic lock that can make it very difficult for criminals to break in. It is also wise to choose a fence design that is not easy to climb over; wrought iron fences with slightly spaced slats tend to be advisable choices for this purpose. You can also top your driveway gate with spikes or posts that make it even more difficult to climb over.
The right type of driveway gate can significantly improve your curb appeal and give you something to talk about at the next block party. Driveway gates come in all kinds of designs, but dual-swinging gates may be your best bet when it comes to aesthetics. These gates swing open from the middle and welcome guests into your driveway with an air of elegance and luxury.
Driveway gates can help you keep stray animals off your property while keeping your pets close to home. Choose a fence design that is tall enough that your pets cannot jump over them and escape your supervision. A tall enough fence will also prevent other neighborhood pets from making their way into your driveway. Be sure that any vertical slats and pickets are close enough together that animals cannot squeeze through them.
Whether you are looking for a pool fence, a dog fence, or a fence to surround your tennis court, chain link fences may be the right type for you. These fences are durable, versatile, and easy to install. Many individuals use chain link fences to improve their security, and they enjoy the lack of maintenance requirements and the aesthetic appeal. Keep reading if you are wondering why you should choose chain link fencing.
Concerned with Safety
Chain link fences are often used to mark off boundaries and notify passersby that your territory is not to be trespassed upon. While this type of fence may not necessarily be your prototype of a security fence, it does offer some advantages when it comes to safety and security. A vinyl fence may seem like the best option for privacy and security, but many homeowners forget one important element; you may not be able to see a burglar, vandal, or criminal who is trying to enter your property from your side of the fence. Since chain link fences are transparent, there is nowhere for an individual to hide when attempting to break in.
Little Time for Maintenance
Most members of today’s society live busy lives. If you have already got enough on your plate and do not see yourself spending time maintaining a fence, chain link fencing may be the right choice for you. A chain link fence will typically remain sturdy, durable, and in top shape for years to come. If you do want to give your fence a quick cleaning, simply brush off any spider webs, dirt, and debris, and spray it down with a hose. If you decide to clean your fence, be sure to choose a warm day for complete drying.
Don’t Want an Eyesore
Modern chain link fencing comes in several different design options and can make a positive impact on the aesthetic value of your property. These fences typically come in several color designs such as green, black, and silver, and they can be fitted with mesh or slats to add an additional visual element.
- Decorative Fences
- Chain Link Fences
- Fence Installation
- Iron Fences
- Iron Gates
- Ornamental Iron Fences
- fence maintenance
- Stainless Steel
- privacy fence
- fence contractor
- wrought iron fence
- Metal Fence Manufacturing
- Fencing Consultant
- Residential Fencing Options
- Rusted Fence
- pet fence
- fence damage
- home fencing
- pool safety fence
- fence repair
- new fence
- privacy screen
- pool fence
- pool season
- curb appeal
- fence design
- home curb appeal
- tilted fence post