Chain Link & Iron Fence Maintenance Services in San Jose, CA
Keep Your Fence Looking & Performing Great
Your fence offers you security and boundaries, but it can also take a lot of wear and tear. Rather than getting a new fence, turn to our Bay Area fence services for maintenance services. Maintaining your fence extends its life, looks, and effectiveness. Plus, when you maintain your fence, you don’t have to worry about potentially costly repairs or even replacements for much longer. There are a few tips and tricks to maintaining your fence yourself. For more in-depth service, contact A-1 Fence. With more than 40 years of experience, a wide variety of services, and a long list of satisfied customers, our company can help make your life a little bit easier. Call us today to schedule your fence maintenance services.
How We Help
Through ongoing maintenance, we can provide the following:
- Emergency service when you need it most
- Assessments to determine any areas that need to be addressed
- Fence Repair services to correct any damage
- Strengthen your fence so that it continues to last
- Aesthetic enhancement so that your fence looks its best
- Ongoing service to help avoid the need for serious repairs
Rust is the mortal enemy of iron fencing. While we provide and install galvanized metal fencing to help prevent rust, it can still affect your fence. If you notice rust on your fence, it’s time to act immediately. Rust eats away at metal, oftentimes below the surface where we cannot see the damage taking place. While we will help maintain your fence and watch out for rust, it’s never a bad idea to conduct a yearly inspection yourself. Walk along the inside and outside of your fence to look closely for rust spots, small blisters, joints, and under the rails. These areas are particularly susceptible to rust.
If you find a rust spot, scrape it away and treat it with anti-rust treatment. Never put off tackling rust on your fence, as it will only spread over time, causing more damage.
Cleaning Your Chain Link Fence
While a chain link fence should stand you in good stead for decades, you may need to clean it from time to time in order to keep it looking sparkling and new. While you are cleaning, you can also inspect the fence to see if there are any areas in need of replacement. Here are some tips for keeping your chain link fence clean:
- You can begin by brushing the surface of your chain link fence with a broom to knock off any spider webs, plant debris, and dirt that is sticking to it. Next, spray your fence down with a garden hose to get rid of rust and built-up dirt. Remove any additional rust using a wire brush, scrubbing off any remaining dust with an old rag.
- Pick a warm day when the sun is shining to clean your chain link fence so that your fence will dry thoroughly. You should also be sure to wear eye protection to prevent dust from getting in your eyes.
- After you are finished cleaning your chain link fence, be sure to take a few minutes to trim any weeds that are growing around it, as well as to clear away any leaves or other debris that has collected near it. Read our blog to learn how to prevent grass and weeds from growing under your chain link fence.
Contact Us Today
Take advantage of our years of experience and dedication by hiring our team to maintain, clean, and repair your fence. If you’re in need of a fence contractor in the San Jose area, look to A-1 Fence Inc. Schedule a free consultation for your fencing project—whether you want an iron fence, chain link fence in San Jose—by calling us at (408) 259-2955. We also offer free estimates on all fence services!