If you’re installing a new fence for your home or business, you’ll need to choose the right gate. Especially if you’re installing a fence for security, the gate you choose is an essential part of keeping your property secure. No matter how impenetrable your fence may be, if the gate isn’t up to par, the security won’t be either. How do you choose? Here are some factors to consider.
- First, consider the purpose of your gate. Are you putting it in for security, or simply to improve the façade? Once you identify the reason you need a gate, you’ll be better able to narrow down your options.
- Aesthetic appeal is important. The architectural style of your home or business should inform your choice of gate. Some gates, like those made of wrought iron, work well for a variety of styles. On the other hand, some gates only work for a very specific style. You would be unlikely to choose a galvanized steel gate, for instance, for anything other than a contemporary home or business.
- Consider the practical aspects. These include things like maintenance the gate will require, ease of installation, durability, and your budget. It’s also wise to consider the size of your property so that you can choose a gate that’s proportionately appropriate.
- There are several types of gates from which to choose:
- The swing gate, as its name implies, swings in or out. It can have one gate panel or two, depending on the size you need, but it’s not a good choice if the area around the gate is sloped.
- The sliding gate comes in two types: rolling and cantilever. Each of these gate types slides, but the rolling one has wheels, while the cantilever simply slides along a track. These gates are perfect for sloped ground but need a good deal of space on either side.
- A vertical pivot gate moves up and down like a railway crossing gate. This is an excellent option for a small space but can be expensive and cumbersome.
- Folding gates are great space savers because they fold in on themselves. They come in a wide range of styles, from simple to ornate, and can be temporary or permanent, depending on your needs.
- Vertical lift gates slide on a vertical track. They work well when you’re short of space, and can either raise into the air or disappear into the ground.
Whether you need a gate or a whole new fence, you can trust A-1 Fence to install it and stand behind our work. We’re a locally owned and operated company with more than 40 years of experience, committed to providing fast and efficient work with a personalized feel. We’re fully licensed, bonded, and insured, and are proud of our reputation for quality work. For more information or a free estimate, contact us through our website or call 408-824-1693.
If you’re shopping for a fence, iron is an excellent choice. Beautiful, durable, and pest resistant, the right iron fence, properly installed, will last you for decades. It’s important to make sure you’re getting a quality product from a company that stands behind its work, so consider these factors before you buy.
- Rust protection is vital. Rust can be a problem for iron fences that aren’t well-protected. Some companies are vague about their rust protection, or use a thin, somewhat ineffective coating. Galvanization is the best way to protect iron and steel from rust, so ask your fence company if they galvanize their iron fences and which technique they use.
- Check out the production. Inspect the fence, to see that it’s strong and looks good from all sides. Pickets should go through the punched rail, and the intersection should be fully welded, providing a strong connection and clean look. When companies cut corners, using rivets or screws to connect the pickets to the rails, it can result in a weaker, looser, connection, and scratches that create rust spots.
- Pay attention to the hardware. Little things make a big difference, and nowhere is this truer than in fence hardware. Small elements like brackets, post caps, and decorative finials, done carelessly, can make an iron fence look cheap. When manufacturers skimp, using stamp steel for their brackets and post caps, the hardware can be ill-fitting and inauthentic looking, cheapening the look of the fence. Finials are sometimes made of poor-quality materials like aluminum or plastic, which may need to be glued or pressed on. Cast iron finial tips, welded onto the picket, are a much better option.
- Mind the gates. Don’t choose a company with poor gate construction. Gates need to be able to support their own weight and any additional pressure put on them. It’s not enough to just weld two posts to the end of a fence section to create a gate: even though it might be functional, it won’t be very strong. A better option is a fully boxed and welded gate frame, solid and 3-sided to withstand pressure without becoming damaged.
- Understand the warranty. Download your warranty and read it, but ask questions, too. You need to know how warranty claims are handled and what can void your warranty, in addition to knowing the length of time it covers.
When you’re shopping for an iron fence, be sure to ask questions and make a point to see pictures of the work the company has already done. If you’re looking for a company that stands behind their work, you can trust A-1 Fence. We’re a locally owned and operated company with more than 40 years of experience, committed to providing fast and efficient work with a personalized feel. We’re fully licensed, bonded, and insured, and are proud of our reputation for quality work. For more information or a free estimate, contact us through our website or call 408-824-1693.
When you build a fence around your property, you will also need to create a functional and durable gate design. In order to make it simple and easy to get in and out of your driveway, consider installing an automatic gate in your fencing. Your contractor may offer several different types of automatic gates for your property. If you have limited space, a sliding gate may be a good fit for your installation. Swinging or overhead gates are appropriate for longer driveways and spacious lots. For those homeowners who are seeking additional security, barrier or tigers teeth gates are terrific options.
No matter what style of automatic gate you are seeking, the team at A-1 Fence Inc. can assist you with your installation. Our company offers many different types of driveway gates in San Jose, and we can help you find a gate style that meets all of your requirements. Call us at (408) 259-2955 to hear all about our gate installations.
Having to get out of your car to open your fencing can be a pain. If you want to optimize your convenience, an automatic gate may solve your problems. Read ahead as we shine the spotlight on the automatic gate options we offer at A-1 Fence Inc.
If you want to be able to pull right into your driveway when you come home from work, an automatic gate can be a worthwhile investment. At A-1 Fence Inc., we have a multitude of gates to choose from. Between swing, slide, and barrier gates, you should be able to find one that meets your needs. We also offer 2 different kinds of gate openers, so you can decide whether you’d prefer a hydraulic or mechanical opener. Your new automatic gate stands to keep your home safer, more attractive, and more convenient for years to come.
To learn even more about our automatic gates in San Jose, call A-1 Fence Inc. at (408) 259-2955. Our team can also provide you with sturdy and cosmetically pleasing pool and dog fences, so check out our website and take a look at what we have to offer.
Gates can bring a great deal of advantages to your home or place of work. They offer additional security for your family, and they can restore your curb appeal. An automatic gate installation can be especially convenient, so keep reading for a few signs that your property could benefit from automatic gate installation.
You Want Extra Security
An automatic gate can work wonders for your home’s aesthetic appeal, but it can do much more than that. Your automatic gates will also provide your home with an extra level of security, which can be a nice addition if you have a family that you would like to protect. You can still control who can or cannot enter through your automatic gate, so you don’t have to worry about criminals making their way onto your property. It’s also helpful to choose gates that are on the taller side so that people and animals cannot easily climb over them.
Your Gates Are Wearing Down
If your gates are starting to look a little worn down, it might be time for an upgrade. When you’re talking to your fencing professional and looking at your options, consider replacing your existing fence or gate with an automatic gate installation. An automatic gate can be an aesthetic and practical addition to your property, raising your curb appeal and making your home more valuable to buyers in the future. If it’s time to replace your gates, talk to the pros about automatic gates.
You’re Looking for More Convenience
Automatic gates have the built-in benefit of being especially convenient. Since they open on their own, you won’t even need to get out of your car to pull into your driveway when you get home from work. If you’re thinking about how to make your home more convenient, an automatic gate might be the solution.
Is your property in need of an automatic gate installation? From fencing equipment to full iron fences in San Jose, A-1 Fence Inc. does it all. Please feel free to call us at (408) 259-2955 or check out our website to learn all about our services.
If you are looking for a terrific way to add comfort and convenience to your fence, you may want to consider an automated gate installation. Automated gates are designed to open with the push of a button, allowing you to operate your new gate from the comfort of your car. When you install an automated gate, you can also feel great knowing that your home and property are protected by an additional layer of security. Your automated gate can be constructed from a variety of materials that are durable, weather resistant, and built to last.
At A-1 Fence Inc., our team will be able to help you create a fantastic gate for your property. We specialize in automated driveway gates in San Jose , and we can answer any questions that you may have about the different types of gates that we have in our inventory. Call us at (408) 259-2955 to hear more about our quality fencing and gate design services.
Are you looking for ways to improve your home’s appearance or safety? In addition to fences, automatic gates can provide your residence or business with additional security, privacy, value, and convenience.
For homes, a gate can improve the security and increase safety for your property. You’ll benefit from access control, protection for your family, and an extra barrier against burglary and intrusion. Additionally, parents can rest easier knowing that their children and pets are better protected with an automatic gate on the property. Commercial lots gain significant benefit from the security provided by an electronic gate. Whether you own a warehouse, storage facility, or a retail storefront, an automatic gate can help protect your products, goods, and property from the dangers of vandalism and theft.
When you incorporate gates into your fencing, you ensure an added level of privacy for your home or business. An automatic gate guards your residence against unwanted people or wildlife, and also adds a barrier between you and passersby. You can enjoy your house and yard knowing that the gate keeps people out and also obstructs the view of your home. Commercial locations also benefit from the added privacy provided by automatic gates . If your home or business is located on a busy street, adding a gate at the entrance can drastically increase the amount of privacy that you enjoy.
Like many other home upgrades, gating your property can increase its value, as well as its curb appeal. Automatic gates not only look attractive and secure but also establish an extra asset for your home or business. Additionally, automatic gates offer a level of convenience that typical gates lack. With the click of a button, your automatic gate can be opened from your home or vehicle.
A-1 Fence Inc. specializes in fencing and gates in San Jose. Our experienced team can help you design the right automatic gate for your home or business , and will provide high-quality and efficient installation. To get your free estimate for gate hardware, call us today at (408) 259-2955.
If you are seeking the ultimate in durability for your property, you may want to consider including a fence gate with your fencing design. When you work with a company specializing in fencing in San Jose, your fence contractor can provide you with a great range of automatic gates to choose from. When you install an automatic gate, you will have the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your property is totally secure. Along with enhancing your security, your automatic gate will also provide you with fantastic convenience. When you enter or exit your property, you will be able to control your gate from the seat of your car. Beyond their great functionality, automatic gates are also a stylish addition to any home. With many different styles of automatic gates to chose from, you will be sure to find an automatic gate that boosts the curb appeal of your home and property.
If you are thinking about improving your home or place of business with a new gate or fence in San Jose, you may want to consider the benefits of automated gates. These additions can make your home or workplace substantially safer and more convenient, and the various fence designs to choose from can provide an interesting aesthetic. Keep reading if you would like to take a look at a few reasons to choose an automated gate.
Safety and Security
Many people choose to install new fences on their property in order to enjoy a greater level of privacy as well as safety and security. However, standard fences can often be climbed over or simply walked right through. Automated gates provide the unique advantage of controlling who can and cannot enter the premises by restricting access in different ways. You can have your automated gate set up with key card access, or you may issue passcodes to authorized individuals. Many automated gates feature intercom systems so that a guest can request access. Business owners often benefit from a combination of automated gates and surveillance cameras, which provides an extra element of security.
In addition to being practical, automated gates can also be very stylish and visually appealing . They come in a range of designs and materials, and the presence of the gate itself tends to suggest a sense of luxury. If you are planning on selling your home in the future, an automated gate is a worthwhile investment in that it often offers a significant increase in resale value. Automated gates provide a modern aesthetic that can help to improve the curb appeal of any home or business.
Just like getting out of your car to open a garage door would be a hassle, pulling up to a gate just to get out and open it is no more convenient. Fortunately, automated gates solve this problem. Your automated gate can be situated with a number of access options, like keypad, phone, or card access; these options will grant you access without forcing you to leave your vehicle.
A new automatic gate in San Jose can be an exciting purchase, but it will not retain its aesthetic appeal and flawless function without the appropriate maintenance. If you want your driveway gate to continue to look and work as impressively as it did on the day it was installed, you will have to take the time to keep up its condition. Here is a look at a few helpful tips for maintaining your automatic gate.
Preserve its Appeal
Your new automatic gate will provide your property with a sense of modernity, luxury, and aesthetic intrigue. As rewarding as this may be, these qualities will gradually decline if you fail to properly maintain your gate; unfortunately, your automatic gate may have the opposite effect on your property if it becomes rusted, flaky, or faded. This is why it is important to wash and wax your gate on a regular basis. Even if a regular basis means just once per year, your gate will appreciate the upkeep and reward you by continuing to add a desirable visual appeal. If you fail to wash and wax your gate and it begins to rust, you will have to go through the process of removing, refinishing, and rehanging the gate.
Use the Right Lubrication
Automatic gates may make use of several moving parts, and it is important to keep these parts lubricated so that the gate continues to function properly. It is equally important, however, that you use the proper type of lubrication for these parts. Lubricants like WD-40 and heavy greases are not advisable choices when it comes to lubricating automatic gate components. Instead, consider white lithium or another marine grade grease to keep your gate in working order.
Remove Pests Quickly
Part of maintaining your automatic gate includes controlling any pests that may come to sabotage its performance. These gates typically depend on electrical components in order to operate effectively, and creatures like snails, bees, and spiders can damage them. Call a professional pest control company as soon as you notice the presence of these pests around your automatic gate.
- Decorative Fences
- Chain Link Fences
- Fence Installation
- Iron Fences
- Automatic Gate
- Iron Gates
- Ornamental Iron Fences
- fence maintenance
- Stainless Steel
- privacy fence
- fence contractor
- wrought iron fence
- Metal Fence Manufacturing
- Fencing Consultant
- Residential Fencing Options
- Rusted Fence
- pet fence
- fence damage
- home fencing
- pool safety fence
- fence repair
- new fence
- privacy screen
- pool fence
- pool season
- curb appeal
- fence design
- home curb appeal
- tilted fence post